Friday, February 24, 2012

DonorDrive®

DonorDrive®


This is the first Walk From Obesity done in Spokane Washington.  Because of the success that I have achieved with the help of the surgeons and staff at Rockwood Clinic Bariatric Surgery Center, we have decided it is high time that we represent the type of health community that Spokane is and wishes to become.  I challenge my local friends and family to come out and walk the 1 mile or 3 mile course, in support of obesity and obesity related issues.  I challenge my other friends and family to consider donating, even if it is what you might consider a small amount, because no amount is too small when it comes to fighting for the rights of people who are marginalized and disenfranchised from this world strictly due to their size.  I hope you will join me and the many sponsors who will be present on April 28, 2012 in Spokane.  I am a one-woman show at this time, and I am organizing this quickly, but it is going to be a terrific event.  You won't want to miss it and the inspiration it brings.

Another special shout out to Wellesse Vitamins who have become my first sponsors of this event.  If you are a facebook or twitter person, go like their page.  Also, go to Rockwood Clinic's page and show them some love as well.  We are a community where it still matters that we love each other and work together.  I have no doubt that this will be another one of those events.  

No comments:

Post a Comment